How to Apply
The Cardigan Admissions Committee reviews applications on a “rolling admissions” basis. Decisions are based upon previous school records, the student’s application, teacher recommendations, aptitude testing, and a required interview.
The first step is to submit our online inquiry form. The information you provide will enable us to send you a personalized information packet.
Please contact us at 603.523.3548 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to visit Cardigan. We accept appointments year-round. A visit will provide you with a chance to tour our campus and meet with a member of our admissions team. We also have a page dedicated to helping you plan a visit, including local lodging and restaurants.
Next, please submit all of the application forms, along with the required application fee ($50.00 for domestic applicants and $125.00 for international applicants). You may also include your completed Parent and Student Statements with the application. If you’re ready to start the application process, please consider using our online application form. It’s super easy, and once you create a profile, you can complete the forms at your own pace. Just log in and pick up where you left off!
Financial Aid Timeline
If you are planning to apply for financial aid, please note we will need all financial aid forms submitted by February 1.
A complete application includes the following:
- Application Form
- Records Release Form: Please sign and submit this form to your child’s headmaster, principal, or guidance counselor and ask that the necessary records be sent to Cardigan.
- Administrative Recommendation: When asking the school for records, please ask the headmaster, principal, or guidance counselor, or a person in a similar position who knows your child well, to submit this evaluation. An official transcript should accompany this form.
- Teacher Recommendations: We would like to have recommendations from your child’s teachers of English and mathematics. Please ask them to mail the forms to Cardigan in the envelopes provided. You may wish to affix the necessary postage for their convenience.
- Parent/Guardian Statement
- Student Statement
- Applicants must submit recent standardized testing scores from within the last 12 months. We prefer the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). We will also accept the Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE), the TOEFL Jr., or the WISC-IV. International students may also take the Duolingo English Proficiency Test for their standardized testing requirement. We must receive an official score report. Cardigan Mountain School’s school code is 2080.
- For information about the WISC-IV, please contact a licensed psychologist.
- Information regarding the Duolingo English Proficiency Test can be found at: https://englishtest.duolingo.com
Cardigan Mountain School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, handicap, sexual orientation, or national origin in the administration of its educational policies or any other program governed by the School.